Skip to content
- 10% visibility to followers – Instagram will only show your newest post to 10% of your followers at first.
- Reply and response time – Your followers will have to reply and respond within 1 hour of you posting for it to count towards your engagement metric.
- Engagement length – the number of characters for the comments shall be four… or more characters long for them to count toward engagement. This means single emoji’s will not count. Three is right out.
- No hash tag blocks – Do not use more than five hash tags in your post, otherwise it will be counted against you.
- Stories prioritized – Stores will have much higher priority over posts.
- No repeat hash tags – Do not repeat your hash tags because you will be penalized.
- Body Over Content – Using hash tags in your comments will not count at all.
- No Edits – If you have any issues with a post, simply delete the post and start over. Editing a post will make it not show up in the algorithm at all.